Monday, June 10, 2013

Back on the wagon.....

Last week I ate terrible.  Like really really terrible.  I hate how I feel when I eat like crap and yet it's so easy to slip back into those bad habits.  Let's just say that I didn't let National Donut Day slip away without celebrating. 

 I slept awful, I felt awful, I was cranky and made others around me cranky....all in all last week was a bust.  The kids are now officially on summer break, so they'll be coming with me to crossfit, plasma donations, cleaning of houses, grocery shopping and any and all errands that need to be done on a weekly basis.  I have a feeling they're going to be sick of getting toted around with me everyday, but I don't have choice. 

I think today's workout was especially tough for me due to my crappy eating and lack of fluids.  My energy levels were at the bottom of the barrel and I almost shared my breakfast all over the gym floor.  Today I had a super healthy protein shake for breakfast, lunch of a pan fried turkey patty w/ steamed broccoli, and dinner will be homemade beef stew. 

I need to kick things up in high gear this week.  Back on Paleo, back to taking my daily supplements, back to getting all 3 WODS in a week, back to getting some decent sleep.  If I'm going to become this athlete that I dream to be, I need to "suck it up" and just do it. 

It's time to think about all the things I want out of this life.  I want to live a full life that's full of adventure.  I want to go swimming without being the whale at the beach.  I want to feel like I'm a good match to my fit husband.  I want my kids to learn healthy eating habits from me.  I want to (gasp) maybe even be a little bit hot! 



Time to go nurse my throbbing quads.  Oy!

No comments:

Post a Comment