Monday, June 24, 2013

Grace

I got super busy on Friday and wasn't able to post anything, but I did go to CrossFit like a good girl.  Seems like as the summer progresses the busier I get.  I was sore all weekend from last weeks workouts.  It was the "good" kind of sore.  =) 




My mother in law comes in exactly two weeks.  I'm trying super hard to not let her stress me out, but after 12 years of dealing with her crap, it's easier said than done.  I'm just bracing myself for some rude comments about my weight or how I raise my kids, or what we eat.  She gets pretty angry when I don't have my house stocked with her favorite foods and beverages.  I don't buy potato chips or soda or cookies or most other junk food.  If my family is craving something sweet, then I will make it homemade.  Processed foods and drinks are no longer allowed in our home.  Anyway, I know I shouldn't dwell on what has yet to occur. 

On a different note today we did "Grace".   

The warm-up was a 400 meter run, and then we grabbed a partner and did "junkyard dog".  It's jumping over your partner and then crawling underneath them.  Running and jumping.....not my best strengths.  We did a killer kettle bell skill set.  Lunges with kettle bells, sit ups with kettle bells, and sitting in a lunge position, lifting the kettle bell over head over and over....several rounds of everything.  I was feeling quite exhausted after the warm up and skill set......I just wanted to go home at that point.  I think forcing myself to actually attend class is good for me because I'm starting to realize how easily I give up or want to quit.  If I was home alone, I could pretty much guarantee that I'd have quit and stopped. 

Our WOD was "Grace".  Grace is 30 clean and jerks.  They want girls to do 95lbs.  I was only able to do 45 lbs and it was SO incredibly hard.  First of all the movement is so not natural for me.  It was frustrating me that I couldn't seem to grasp the concept of how to do the lift properly.  Megan helped me out and after some practice I got the hang of it.  We had to do 30 reps, no matter how long it took.  I was able to get it done in 6 min 15 seconds.  The tops of my shoulders felt like they were going to shrivel up and fall off, taking my arms with them.  Just picking up my purse when it was time to go home was quite the feat.  haha 

Here is a 2 min video showing how to do clean and jerks.

It's a cloudy and rainy day.  A perfect day to relax after my tiring morning.  I need to figure out something smart for dinner.  Time to hit the web and look for some yummy paleo recipes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment