Thursday, March 28, 2013

My 2nd CrossFit bootcamp workout......

Well I must say my 2nd workout was MUCH better than my 1st.  I didn't puke.  I didn't cry.  I actually finished my entire workout.  woohoo!  Last night we started off with more squats.  Then we squatted again.  Then we squatted all the way down....to where your rear is just a fraction of an inch above the ground.  I can't personally go that far down because of all the excess fat on my stomach and thighs, but I did the best I could.  We held this squat for 3 or 4 minutes while Derek was yapping about the importance of squats.  I couldn't hold it.....I kept standing back up to rub my burning ham hocks.  He eventually had me hold onto a support beam while I was in a deep squat to help me from falling over.  He told us that we need to practice deep squats at home for about 5 minutes a day...basically sitting in a squat for a solid 5 minutes without standing up.  Good grief!  He told me to start off just doing 60 seconds at a time and holding onto a doorknob to keep from falling over and to slowing extend my time as I got better at it and then to eventually not hold onto anything.

After panting from our squats we moved onto dead lifts.  Of course these involve squats as well.  We practiced using metal pipes that will eventually have weights added to them.  We did several of these as Derek watched our form.  I love that all the CrossFit instructors are really big on form.  That really sets my mind at ease.  I don't want to get injured by doing these moves wrong and I feel better knowing they're watching me and letting me know when I'm doing it wrong. 

Next we move onto kettle bell dead lifts.....again......it includes squats.  We do several of these we all can feel our thighs quivering from exhaustion.  We follow up the kettle bell dead lifts with burpees, which I now see are slightly different than down and ups.  I'm tired, all my muscles are quivering and I'm ready to go home. Derek lets us take a quick water break and then it's time to start our workout.  Derek pulls me aside and lets me know that we'll be doing 4 rounds of 10 kettle bell dead lifts and 30 seconds of burpees, but that I can just do the kettle bells if I want.  I tell him thanks, but am thinking, HELL NO!  I came to CrossFit to push myself all the way and I'm not going to sit out on anything.  Nope nope nope.  I appreciate him trying to take it easy on me, but I need to prove to myself that I have the will to get through anything. 

I got through all 4 rounds.  I did a modified burpee, and could only do about 5 each 30 second round, but at least I tried and I gave it my all.  Afterwards we were all dripping with sweat and were panting like dogs.  It felt great!!!!!  We talked more about nutrition and went into depth on Paleo eating.  I stood there listening and just felt at peace.  As if I finally found what I've always been looking for.  This is where I want to be, these people are the type of people I want in my life, and my life is never going to be the same from this point on.  If I had the energy and the capability I would've done cartwheels all the way home. 

I go again today for my 3rd bootcamp workout of the week.  I'll get 3 days off to rest and enjoy Easter with my family before we start up again. 

What I ate yesterday:
Breakfast~2 eggs, 2 slices of bacon, 1 cup fresh pineapple, 1 cup of coffee
snack~handful of organic unsulfered dehydrated apples
lunch~1/3 cup sweet potato, 4 oz of ground turkey
snack~green salad with 2 oz of leftover steak and homemade oil and vin dressing
dinner~7 oz ground turkey patty, large green salad w/ homemade dressing
snack~1 TBS almond butter and 1 square of 72% dark chocolate

No comments:

Post a Comment