Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Biggest Loser Season 15 Premiere + Hearts and Barbells 1st workout

I love the Biggest Loser!  It inspires me and I bawl like a baby each week when I watch it.  My husband thinks I'm crazy.  He doesn't understand why people watch those kinds of shows.  For me it's because I can relate.  I know the pain of being heavy.  I know what it feels like.  I know the struggle.  I know what having a food addiction is like.  I get it.  I've been there....and am still there in a way. 

Yesterday I attended our crossfit's first Hearts and Barbell class.  I was insanely nervous.  All day I kept telling myself that attending this class was a joke.  I was a nobody.  It wasn't for me.  It was for a true athlete.  Negative thought after negative thought all day long.  I was a relatively small class.  They only allow the 1st 12 people that sign up to attend. 

I was shaking in my boots when I walked through those doors last night.  Again, I feel pretty secure in my 9:30am class....but the evening classes I don't know anyone and feel like it's day one all over again.  I signed in, got my kiddos settled into the child area, used the restroom, and started stretching.  Everyone had proper lifting shoes but me.  Ugh, I hate being the only person who doesn't fit in. 

Well the workout was killer, but definitely in a good way.  Derek mentioned at the beginning of the class that it was ok to stop a take a breather if things got too intense.  Much to my surprise I was able to keep up with the group.  BOOYA!   Now I was lifting the lightest amount of weight, but who freaking cares.  I went, I conquered my fear of the unknown, and I finished the class.  I really really liked it.  I'm looking forward to going next Tuesday night as well. 

We did a ton of hang squat snatches.  These get easier as your form gets better.  Once you get the hang of them, you feel a little bit bad ass.  =) 



I love using the barbell more than almost anything else at crossfit.  I think I will continue with this new class.  I am SOOOO incredibly sore today that I'm going to use today to rest and heal and then will go to my regular crossfit class on Thursday and Friday.


Oh and I must say that going to class in the morning has another advantage.  Last night while I was there I noticed that as it got darker and darker outside that all the windows started acting like mirrors and everytime I passed a window I could see my awful reflection.  Inside I do not feel the way I look on the outside.  I am getting anxious for my outside to catch up to my thinner mental self. 

No comments:

Post a Comment