Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Partner Up

I woke up with the mother of all migraines.  I wish I knew what caused them.  My mother gets them as well as my sister.  It was so bad I knew I wouldn't be able to make it to crossfit, but to my surprise the two Excedrin I took worked shortly before I normally leave for class.  So because I felt better, I had no excuses not to go.  I'm glad I did.  I loved the warm up.  It was two sets of 3 different movements.  They weren't hard, but they really opened up some of the different muscle groups. 

The skill set was doing 5 strict presses every minute on the minute for 10 minutes.  These were tough, but felt awesome!

The WOD was a partner WOD.  I tend to really hate being partnered up.  Mostly because I'm slow, and I feel like I drag my partner(s) down.  Today one of my very favorite crossfit peeps was back after a few months away.  I was worried she had quit or had moved to a different class.  Apparently she had surgery and was recovering.  So we ended up being partners which worked out well.  I'm always slow and because she hasn't been working out in several weeks, she was slow.  Yay for the slow peeps!  haha

We did 6 rounds (3 each) of

250 meter row

15 burpees (they had me do ten)

10 push presses with the bar

During my 1st round of push presses I had too much weight on the bar and literally hit my face with the bar as I was bringing it back down from being overhead.  I felt like a complete idiot because as I looked up from hitting my face there was Derek, watching me.  Oh how come when I do the dumbest things there are always people watching.  Hey Derek, watch how coordinated I am.  Watch me slap my face against the bar.  Watch me act like a moron.  There are days that hiding under a rock seems like a better option than going out in public. 

This WOD was BRUTAL!  Those last 10 push presses made my arms burn like crazy!

We finished in 14 minutes 46 seconds.  Towards the end of my 3rd round I started feeling a little light headed and sick.  BUT I finished and I'm so so so glad I went.  I feel so much better mentally and physically when I go. 

Tomorrow is running and Friday will be another crossfit session.  Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment