Monday, September 23, 2013

Test workout

This was a tough weekend!  My husband got turtle cheesecake from a coworker to celebrate his birthday which he brought home.  Then we took the kids to a local corn maze and afterwards hubby and the kids shared a giant elephant ear.  Sunday hubby got a pumpkin spice latte from starbucks and ate macadamia salted caramel clusters.  AHHHGGGGG!!!!!!!!  ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!    The good news is I survived.  I am sorely missing my morning cup of coffee.  I can't handle black coffee, I wish I could. 

So today in honor or everyone starting the Paleo challenge they had us do a test workout.  Basically we will see how well we do today and then in a month we will do the workout again and see how much better we can do. 

Our warm up sucked butt.  We did partner line drills.  Bear crawls, crab walks, sprints, long jumps, blah.  I was tired after just the warm up. 

Our skill set was using kettle bell snatches to go right into kettle bell wind mills.  We then did some ARMBAR stretches and kneaded out our partner's Achilles.

The WOD was a 15 min AMRAP.

5 burpees

7 pull ups

10 goblet squats

I was able to finish exactly 8 rounds using a 20 lb dumbbell for the goblet squat.

I wasn't super happy with only getting 8 rounds since the average seemed to be around 9.  Oh well, I did my best and that's what I could do.  I'm anxious to see how my performance differs when I do this WOD again.

No comments:

Post a Comment