Thursday, April 11, 2013

Utterly Exhausted

I'm tired.  No, I'm beyond tired, I'm utterly exhausted.  I feel like I started running the moment my feet hit the floor this morning.  I feel like ordering pizza for dinner.  The kids would be happy, hubby would be happy, but I know I'd be tempted to eat a slice or seven so I'd better buck up and actually COOK a healthy paleo dinner.  BUT I DON'T WANNA!

I was able to make it to CrossFit this morning.  Today seemed to be a little easier for me.  I don't think the WOD was too horrible.  We started off doing something I can't recall the name of.  I was told just to do down and ups.  5 then 6 then 7 then 8 then 9  So basically 35 of those buggers.  Blah.....I feel so awkward doing them.  I have to step back with one foot, then the other, and then I jump forward back to where my hands are and then jump and clap above my head.  I don't know what it is about the clapping, but I feel like a retarded seal......cow......errr whatever.  So I'm the only one in the room clapping like a moron.  Super fun.  Next we did three rounds of 15 hollow rock rolls.  Those things are freaking hard!!!  My trainer kept saying I was doing great since I was rolling, but I don't think I was doing them quite right.  My behind is still large enough that I was really just rocking on my big bahooki instead of on my spine.  Ugh!  Oh well, it still gave my core one heck of a workout!

Next we did a skill set.  I'm not qualified to do it yet, since I don't have enough core strength.  So instead I did three rounds of 10 air squats, 10 ring rows, and 10 hollow rock rolls. 

Our WOD was a mixture of using the rowers and stationary bikes.  We calculated our calories burned and watts during short intervals on both machines.  We ended up using the rowers three times and the bikes twice.  Back and forth, back and forth.  It was exhausting and I was so ready for it to be over. 

After my workout I headed to my parent's house.  I clean for them twice a month to earn a little extra $.  After cleaning for 2 1/2 hrs, I headed home.  I had my own house to clean.  I was quite a bit behind since yesterday was full of taking care of my sick daughter.  After a couple hours cleaning my own house, my husband called and asked me to go to the store so I could put together something for him to bring to a work pot luck. 

It's dinner time and I'm so tired that making food feels like climbing Mt. Everest.  A hot bubble bath and then crawling into bed sounds much better.  I'm wondering if after a little while my body will get used to this whole CrossFit thing and maybe I won't get so tired in the evenings.   fingers crossed!

What I ate today:

Breakfast~2 eggs, 2 turkey sausages

post workout~2 ounces of beef jerkey, 1 apple, 2 TBS almond butter

Lunch~2 eggs, 2 turkey sausages

Dinner~Yet to be determined.........

No comments:

Post a Comment