Monday, April 1, 2013

Frightened Fatty does CrossFit bootcamp #4

Here I thought I'd be able to enjoy a nice three day break from my workouts, boy was I wrong.  Our entire family came down with the flu.  Coughing, fevers, congestion, we all felt miserable.  We cancelled Easter dinner with my parents and just stayed home.  For once in my life, I fared better than the rest.  I'm wondering if all my clean eating, and overall treatment of my body, made my symptoms not so severe.  hmmmm 

I made a yummy Easter breakfast that was still paleo.  I scrambed up some eggs, bacon, fresh strawberries, grapes, and made some paleo  apple cider donut holes. I don't have a donut maker, but I do have a cake pop maker, hence why mine were the holes.  ;)
Recipe link:  http://paleospirit.com/2012/apple-cider-paleo-donuts/

They were different, but still really good.  I thought they were better after sitting for a couple hours.  I love donuts.  I could easily eat half a container of donut holes in one sitting.  These just don't have that addictive quality to them.  I had three with my breakfast and another one a few hours later.  My three picky kids each had a couple and thought they were quite tasty.  Hubby loved them.  yay!  It was nice to make something kinda fun without feeling guilty. 

My 11th wedding anniversary is this Saturday.  Hubby has the whole night planned and won't tell me anything except that we'll be having champagne and strawberries delivered to our hotel room after dinner.  I'm going to enjoy my anniversary dinner and try to eat as paleo as possible but not worry too much about it either.  I will have a glass of champagne or two and not ream myself  over it.  It's life and I'm not going to let an anniversary stop me from meeting my goals, nor am I going to get all paleo Nazi about it either.  So there!  Enough on that subject.

The workout tonight was rough.  We started off with a little run.  This time we only ran 200 meters, which I could at least run the entire way without stopping.  Then we did squats.  Shocking, I know!   After squats we did kettle bells.  I always thought kettle bells looked fun.  I've seen people use them on the Biggest Loser many times and they didn't seem so bad.   We learned 4 different kettle bell moves.  After the 1st one I was dripping sweat so bad that there was a circle of little drops of sweat all around me on the floor.  I was so very tired.  The next three weren't as exhausting as the 1st was.  After we learned several moves we swung kettle bells for almost 5 minutes, changing positions as we went.   There was a moment I thought I might need to vomit, but I held it together and finished the workout. 

Afterwards I felt great.  I never knew such a "high" existed.  I can't believe how much energy I feel after my workout.  I'm exhausted of course, but there is an energy current that buzzes through my body for a good few hours afterwards.  I love it! 

I was thinking about my food today and realized for the first time in my life....literally......everything I put in my mouth I'm using to fuel my body.  I think about what I need to get through the morning, or my workouts, etc etc and I make smart choices based on what my activities are.  It's something I've been told many times before but for some reason it just all makes sense now.  I don't feel deprived that I can't have X Y and Z, instead I feel joy when I fuel my body with what it needs to thrive.  Food has ruled my life and my choices since I was 8 years old.  For the first time in 25 years, I'm in control of what I put in my mouth and into my body.  I'm letting my food be my fuel.  It's such a simple concept and yet it feels so profound.  I'm so very grateful for the changes I feel in my head and in my heart.  I'm so ready to change my life for good. 

I'm hoping that a day off tomorrow will allow my body to fully recover from this flu and that I can rock Wednesday's workout. 

What I ate today:

Breakfast~2 eggs, 3 slices of bacon, handful of strawberries
snack~2 TBS almond butter, handful of grapes
Lunch~spaghetti squash, ground turkey, salsa, avocado
pre workout snack~ 1/2 banana, 4 oz steak
post workout snack~ 1/2 fudge baby larabar (homemade)
Dinner~spaghetti squash, ground turkey, salsa, avocado



No comments:

Post a Comment