Friday, April 26, 2013

50 Burpees in 5 minutes

I emailed my trainer last night letting him know I couldn't make it in again today because my daughter is still too sick.  I shared with him the workouts I created for myself on Monday and Wednesday and asked if he had any suggestions on something I could do at home for Friday.  He wrote back and told me to try and do 50 burpees in under 5 minutes and if I could do that, then to do 25 more. 



I set the stop watch on my phone and got started.  I finished 50 burpees in 11 minutes and 51 seconds.  Not even close to the 5 min mark and they were modified burpees even.  Ugh!  I suppose at least I know what my time is and I can just keep working on trying to beat it. 

After the burpees I felt like I had more to give, so I ended up doing 3 rounds of:

10 right 15lb kettle bell snatches

10 left kettle bell snatches

10 sit ups


After I finished my three rounds I decided to do those last 25 burpees even though I wasn't able to do the first 50 in 5 minutes.  Those last 6 were brutal.


 I can't believe how drenched I was afterwards.  I feel so good and I'm really happy that I pushed myself to finish. 

I'm looking forward to taking a break this weekend.  We'll be attending my grandmother's funeral tomorrow.  The weather should be just gorgeous. 

What I plan on eating today:

Breakfast/post workout meal~chocolate protein shake

snack~apple w/ almond butter

Lunch~salad w/ pork tenderloin and a homemade dressing

Dinner~grilled chicken and sausages, side salad, roasted asparagus

No comments:

Post a Comment