Wednesday, April 17, 2013

CrossFit and the flu..........

I had to cancel my workout on Monday.  I was up most of the night with the flu and spent most of the day in bed.  I got a call Monday afternoon that my grandmother had died.  She'd been battling dementia for almost 10 years and it was heartbreaking to see her memory fade.  The last time I saw her was Christmas and she didn't know who I was.  It was then I knew that I had already lost my Nana. 

Fast forward to today and I still don't feel quite back to normal.  I'm still a bit nauseous, but chose to go to CrossFit anyway.  I'm determined to make this a normal part of my life.  I don't want sickness, death, whatever, to get in the way.  I have to change my life, I have to stick to my goals, I have to keep my eyes on the prize and not waver when life throws barriers in my way.

I had to modify just about everything we did today.  I had to keep reminding myself that I'm not there to impress anyone, I'm there to just keep getting better.  Our warm up wasn't too horrible, but the skill set had my stomach rolling.  We got a quick 3 or 4 min break between our skill set and our WOD, so I got a quick sip of water, used the restroom and told myself that no matter what I was not going to get sick. 

Our WOD today was what they called Ten Plus Two.  We had ten minutes to do as many rounds as possible.  8 push ups ( I did girly push ups), 10 toes to bar  (I did 20 second planks),  and 6 left & 6 right kettle bell snatches.  Once the ten minutes were up we did double unders for 2 minutes.  I just did regular single unders.  We were supposed to keep track of our rounds and write our scores on the white board.  I know I got over 4 rounds done but lost track when the pain started to set in.  I forgot to count my single unders.  I was just trying to not die and not puke on the floor.  SIGH...............one of these days I'll get my crap together.   ;)

After the WOD we did some deep stretches which felt great and then I headed home.  I've noticed it takes me a good hour to completely cool down after these workouts.  I still feel super sick to my stomach and food in general just sounds disgusting.  I'm hoping by Friday I'm back to normal and can kick some WOD ass.  hehe

What I ate today:

Breakfast~ 1/2 egg, 1 slice of bacon

post workout~1/3 protein shake

If I can stomach it, I'll have a salad with chicken and avocado for lunch and spaghetti (w spaghetti squash) for dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment