Saturday, April 13, 2013

Running running running........

Ok, so I wrote a huge long post yesterday only to accidentally delete the entire post.  Grrr!  So today I will recap and it won't be nearly as long nor entertaining as the previous one was.  ;)

I was pretty tired Friday morning and my brain tried to convince myself that I didn't need to go to CrossFit, but I told my brain to SHUT IT and I went anyway.  As soon as I walked in and looked at that day's WOD (workout of the day) I wished I had stayed in bed. 

Our warm up was a 400 meter run.  Then we ran with high knees for 100m, butt kicks for 100m, backwards for 100m and skipping with high knees for the remaining 100m.  I felt quite sick after all that.  My lungs burned, my legs were shaking, I felt just awful.  Next we went back into the box and did several leg exercises back and forth.  As I looked around it seemed everyone in there was exhausted and that made me feel better.  I wasn't the only one in some serious pain.  Our WOD to run 800 meters for time, row 500 meters for time, and ride the airdyne bike for 1 min and try to burn as many calories as possible. 

We had 45 minutes to complete those three items and could take as much time as we needed to rest in between.  I took a 5 min break, drank some water and did the running first since I loathe it with every fiber of my being.  I was able to jog 200m, walk 200m, jog 100m, walk 200m, jog 100m.  My time was 6 min 50 sec.  I got the worst time by far.  I rested for another 5 min and did the bike next.  I burned 16 calories in my 1 minute.  I was 2nd to worst.  After another 5 minute break I climbed onto the rower.  I was able to row the first 300 meters without too much pain but the last 200 meters were a KILLER!  Everything hurt so bad I wanted to quit and just start crying.  Megan came over and stood behind me and kept telling me to pull harder, use my hips, push off with my heels faster etc etc.  She was encouraging me to finish strong.  The pain my muscles felt was incredible.  I finished in 2min 58 seconds.  I wanted to collapse and die.  Lungs, legs, arms, everything burned and hurt.  After collecting myself I rolled out my muscles on a foam roller and went home. 

It was by far the hardest thing I've done to date at CrossFit.  Although my times are far behind everyone else, I'm just happy I'm able to complete the tasks given to me.  That in and of itself is very rewarding. 

What I ate:

Breakfast~2 eggs, 2 turkey sausages

post workout snack~1 apple, 2 TBS almond butter

Lunch~1/2 avocado, 1/2 can of albacore tuna, 1 hard boiled egg mashed together w/ a little salt and pepper

Dinner~Paleo sloppy joe stuffed peppers and sweet potato fries

snack~2 squares dark choc with blueberries

1 comment:

  1. Just read your last 4 or 5 posts. (what a bad pal I am) for shame but I loved every minute of it. It's so great to hear the emotional and mental changes you are going through while transforming your body physically. You are in such a good place right now and I couldn't be more proud. Way to stick to your guns girl! you run the machine not the other way round. =)

    ReplyDelete