Monday, May 13, 2013

bear crawls and burpees, oh my!

Hope everyone had a nice Mother's Day weekend.  We went to church and then we grabbed the dog and we all went down by the lake to enjoy a picnic lunch.  My kids each made me handmade cards and gifts, they were darling.  =)

I felt great walking into CrossFit today.  Normally I get super nervous the entire car ride there, but today I felt at peace.  We started off doing wheelbarrow walks, but I'm not strong enough to do those quite yet, so they had me do three 30 second rounds of bear crawls.  Those are no fun, like not even a tiny bit.  nope.  not fun.



We did push ups, good mornings, Turkish get-ups, and 20" box step ups with two kettle bells held under our chins.  I did 15" box step ups.  The 20" boxes are insanely high for me....at this point at least.  I met another newbie and we were both wiped out after all the skill sets. 

These are the Turkish get-up's

Our WOD was to do 3 clean and jerks and 8 burpees every minute on the minute (EMOTM) for 10 minutes.  I had mine modified a bit to my fitness level.  Burpees are so incredibly hard to do when you're heavy.  Having extra stomach fat and thigh fat really gets in the way of the movement and makes it incredibly hard when you have to jump back into position to stand back up.  Being a thick girl sucks big time. 


I can see and feel a difference in my clothes, but I'm impatient.  I want to wake up tomorrow and have magically dropped 6 sizes.  I just don't understand why that doesn't  happen.  hehe

I had a small bit of dessert last night with my family and my mom, but today it's back on the Paleo bandwagon.  Time to get something to eat, I'm famished!

No comments:

Post a Comment