Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Fran

For those of you who are not familiar with the WOD Fran, consider yourself lucky.  She's a beast who will wipe the gym with your behind.  I got introduced to her today.  Many of the WOD's at CrossFit have girl names and Fran is one of them. 

Fran is 21 reps 15 reps and 9 reps of thrusters and pull-ups. 


Thrusters are when you are in a deep squat and you're holding the bar on your shoulders and you thrust upwards with your hips and drive the barbell over your head. 
 
Doing 21 of those in a row felt like my entire body had been lit on fire.  Since I'm not strong enough to do actual pull-ups, I use the rings and do a modified version. 
 
 
I was able to complete the workout in 5:33.  Derek said that if we finish in under 5 minutes while doing it modified, then it's time to add more weight and or upgrade the pull-ups.  I bet next time Fran comes around I'm able to add some weight on my 35 pound bar. 
 
 
My arms feel like rubber.  I lifted my hand to tuck a stray hair behind my ear and it felt like a 100 pounds.  haha 
 
So while I was at Crossfit they pulled out a big ass camera and started snapping pictures of us doing our warmup and workouts.  UGH!!!  Pictures are something I fear greatly!  They always post pictures on facebook, so I know that within a few hours my fattie self with be available for all to see.  Kill me, kill me now.  Now that I'm thinking about it, I realized I signed a waiver for them to take and post pictures of me when I signed up for bootcamp.  Dang it, what was I thinking?!  I wasn't thinking, I was shaking in my boots with terror of just being in the CrossFit building.   *smacks head on brick wall over and over and over and........*
 
 
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment