Friday, May 17, 2013

Balls

I had quite the battle in my head today and didn't want to go to class.  I did and I didn't.  I kept hearing voices saying that I wasn't good enough, it was going to be too hard, I was going to fail.  On the same note, I'd also hear that I could do it, it would be worth the hard work, I'm getting stronger.  Back and forth all morning.  I felt like I was going crazy!  I ended up going and I'm glad I did.


We started off doing a 400 meter run.  I was able to run with the group the entire time!!!!!! ME!  The fat girl!!  A few people passed me but for the most part I was right in the middle of the group the entire way.  YAY!!  Coach D (Derek) told me he could tell I was getting stronger and I can't even tell you how much I needed to hear that today. 

After running we got a partner and tossed heavy medicine balls back and forth to each other.  Next we got on the floor and locked feed together and one person would grab the ball lift it over their head while their back was on the floor then sit up and hand the ball to their partner.....it sorta resembled a teeter totter when we got the hang of it. 

Next we did back squats and hollow rocks.  This was my 1st time doing back squats.  We used a barbell and added weights to both sides.  Then we put the bar on the back of our necks and did deep squats.  I had a bit of trouble with the form, but in the end I felt like I got the hang of it. 

  This 8 second video gives you an idea of what hollow rocks are.  http://gymnasticswod.com/content/hollow-rock

Our WOD was 150 wall balls with a partner.  One person held a chin up position while the other person did as many wall balls as they could.  Then we'd switch.  They were so tough!!!  By the end I could feel my heart was racing and catching my breath seemed difficult. 



We had a long cool down and stretch session which felt horrible and amazing all at the same time.  It's painful and yet it feels great.....CrossFit is full of contradictions it seems. 

Hubby and I will be working on building our back patio this weekend, I'll be shocked if we complete it.  At least I know I'll be getting a great workout both days.

I need to eat some lunch before I go grocery shopping or I'll end up buying something I'll deeply regret.  Hope everyone has a lovely weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment