Friday, May 10, 2013

Endurance!!

It's been a few days since I've blogged.  I've been taking advantage of the gorgeous weather to do all my planting.  I got a ton of flowers planted and started a container garden.  I used a half of a whisky barrel and planted organic rainbow carrots and 5 gallon buckets to plant sweet bell peppers and jalapenos.  I also got 3 huge organic beefsteak tomato plants in containers as well.  Can't wait to see how the veggies do! 

I woke up feeling pretty awful.  Super sore throat, tummy ache, and stuffy nose.  I took some meds, drank a chocolate sunbutter protein shake and went to Crossfit despite my brain telling me to stay home and rest in bed. 



Our warm up was .......you guessed it....running.  We ran 400 meters.  I was shocked that I was able to run the entire way and was only behind the rest of the group by about 5 seconds.  How and when did that happen?  Don't get me wrong, I was super tired and breathing like I was going to die, but I did it and kept up.  Yeehaw!  I can feel my endurance increasing and it's so exciting! 

Next we did our skill set, which was deadlifts.  The first time I only used 20 lbs and was focusing more on form than weight.  Today I was able to do several sets of 150 lbs.  I know that to some that is not much weight, but for someone like me who hasn't done any type of lifting in her life except to lift food to her lips, this was quite exciting.  =)



Our WOD was 5 rounds of

25 double unders ( I had to do 75 single unders)

18 overhead kettle bell swings

12   20" box jumps (I do 15" box steps)

For some reason I had it in my head that I only had to do 3 rounds and by the end of the third round I could feel all my energy being drained away.  Catching my breath seemed almost impossible and I was drenched.  As I was finishing up the last two box steps I looked up at the white board and realized I still had 2 more rounds to go.  FUDGE!!!!  I could feel tears start creep up and told myself to just shut up and not cry and finish the flipping WOD.  I finished in 12min 21 seconds.  To say I was wiped out would be the understatement of the year.  I'm glad I went despite not feeling good this morning.  My throat still hurts like a mother, but other than that I feel fine.  This weekend will be spent outdoors so we can continue working on our back patio.  Fingers crossed I get some sun.....I'm tired of being so pale I almost look neon white. 

Happy Mother's Day to all you mom's!

No comments:

Post a Comment