Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Bumps along the road......

Have you ever been sore after a workout?  I've been in almost a constant state of soreness since I started CrossFit, but what I experienced yesterday was another beast entirely.  Monday's WOD was crazy hard.  I came home took a shower and a couple anti inflammatory meds.  Later that night I took a warm bath because I could feel my muscles tightening big time.  I went to bed but I woke up every time I moved or stretched because the pain in my muscles was so awful.  When I woke up on Tuesday I took another hot bath and a couple more pills and drank tons of water.  As the day progressed my muscles continued to tighten, to the point where I couldn't walk normally and getting into the sitting position or standing up from sitting caused tears to spring to my eyes.  I went for a small walk after dinner with my husband in desperate hopes to loosen things up and maybe help with the pain.  It helped for a little while and then was just as bad as before.  I took another hot bath before I went to bed. 

I'm still crazy sore today, but definitely less than yesterday.  I have to admit, it scared me!  I went online and researched it and it looks like I pushed myself a bit too far on Monday.  Being sore isn't a bad thing, but being so sore it's debilitating, is not good at all. 

I started off eating great today.  A small cube steak pan fried in a little coconut oil and a couple eggs.  It was great and very satisfying.  As the day progressed I was hit with all sorts of cravings.  I ended up eating 3 chocolate chip cookies for lunch, more later for a snack and then I made pizzas on the grill for dinner.  SOOOO not paleo.   *sigh*  Today I'm feeling down.  It was so beautiful here today.  I wanted to go on a long walk with the dog, but instead I ended up canning 10 quarts of paleo spaghetti sauce.  I suppose it wasn't a total loss.  Tomorrow is another day.
  I need to make a plan for tomorrow before it gets out of control like today did.  I have to take my son to a super early dentist apt and then I'm off to my mom's to clean her house. 

If any of you have any suggestions on what to do about sore muscles, I'd love to hear it. 

Ain't that the truth!

No comments:

Post a Comment