Monday, July 22, 2013

Couch to 5K

I did it!  I strapped on my running shoes and completed my 1st Couch To 5K workout. 

I will admit I took a quick 2 minute break to run into the house and use the restroom.  I just ran around the block over and over and over.  Since my husband is out of town, I didn't feel comfortable leaving the kids to fend for themselves.  They sat in the front yard and watch me.  Sometimes they ran with me and other times they rode their bikes while I ran.  Actually this first week of training you walk briskly for 5 minutes and then alternate 60 seconds of running and 90 seconds of walking.  At the end you do another 5 min cool down walk. 

I had my son take before and after pictures of me.  The after picture does not even come close to capturing just how soaked I was. 

BEFORE

 
AFTER
 

Anyhoo, just thought I'd make a post proving that I did indeed run.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment