Friday, July 26, 2013

At the beginning (photos)

Ok, so on March 25th I started my crossfit journey.  It's been 4 months now and so many things have changed.  My outlook on life is much better.  Overall I feel happier.  For the first time in, I don't know how long, I actually feel proud of what I'm doing.  Sometimes after I get out of the shower I look in the mirror and am still horrified at the reflection.  I'll look at myself trying to see any positive changes.  I don't find many.  There are times where I feel just as huge and when I started.  Sometimes I even let those negative thoughts pull me down and I start to doubt the whole process. 

Yesterday I pulled out some photos I took a few years ago.  When I started crossfit I was the same weight (within 3 lbs) and same exact clothing size as I was in the "before" photos.  When I looked at them and then looked at the picture I had my son take a few days ago, I could see a huge difference.  Anyway, without further ado, here are my before photos.


Here is the photo I took 4 days ago.


So I printed these pictures today and brought them in with me today to crossfit.  I wanted to show my trainers just how much my body has changed in the last 4 months.  They were shocked and super happy for me.  It's easy not to see it when the changes are gradual.  After I showed Meagan, she asked if, at my 6 month mark, would I be up for writing a bio/testimony for them to post on their blog and to put on their website for others to see along with pics from the beginning, 4 months in and then 6 months in.  She said a lot of people refuse to even consider crossfit because they're so out of shape and or heavy and that them reading my testimony and seeing my photos would be an inspiration to others who maybe are considering it, but are doubtful they will succeed.

I'm overwhelmed and honored that they'd even ask me!  The girl who had a complete and epic meltdown on Wednesday....they want her to inspire others!  I must say that them even asking me makes me want to make sure I keep my toes in line and work my hardest during these next two months.  I feel super motivated now.  =)

Today's workout was SO much better than Wednesday's.  We started off with line drills back and forth.  Then Derek showed us how to do dips on the Olympic rings.  I am neither light enough, nor strong enough to do them, so he had me practicing push-ups and planks.   Our WOD was 50 dips (he had me do 35 push ups) a 400 meter farmer walk, and 50 over head squats.  I carried 25 lb dumbbells in each hand as I walked 400 meters as fast as I could.  They didn't feel too bad at first, but by the time I was almost done, I was having a super hard time not letting the dumbbells drop.  I'm thrilled that I didn't stop and I didn't put down the bells until I got back inside the building.  My forearms were on FIRE!  I used about a 25lb pipe to do the over head squats.  Most people used weighted barbells.  Those squats were brutal, but I finished in 11 minutes and 26 seconds.  I felt great and was pumped!

Tomorrow I'll be doing a C25K run and Sunday I plan on being lazy lazy lazy.  Can't wait!  On a good note, hubby and I are working through our issues and he's going to get the help he needs.  He didn't cheat on me and never has, he just wasn't behaving as a married man ought to behave.  I'll leave it at that. 

I hope you all have a really relaxing and wonderful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment