Wednesday, July 31, 2013

BOOBS AND BUTTS

My schedule got all wonky and so I ended up running today and will go to crossfit Thursday and Friday.  No matter how hard I try to carefully plan my week of workouts, things always seem to come up and throw everything off.  Oh well, I supposed that is just life in a nutshell. 

My run today went GREAT!  Who am I?  How did I just write that my run went great?!  I keep researching beginner running for those that are overweight.  Today I slowed my pace a bit.  I concentrated really hard on take long, deep breaths in through the nose and out the mouth.  I'm also making sure I'm not running on the balls of my feet and that I keep my chest up so I can get plenty of oxygen when I'm breathing.  It's just all getting a little bit easier with each run.  I didn't feel like I was going to die.  I'm in shock!  I am so flipping excited that I'm changing my life one piece at a time.



I used to think that if I woke up one day and I was slim, that I'd be able to keep it that way, and I'd change my life in order to stay thin.  After a zillion crazy diets and exercise regimes, I realize now that for me the only thing that's going to make me keep my weight off, is tons of hard work.  When you work hard for something you tend to respect it more. 

So yesterday I was out watering my flowers and my husband was sitting on the front porch directly behind me.  He said that he could really see my legs are starting to slim down.  Really?!  They still feel huge to me.  Today I stood with my behind facing the mirror.  What did I see?  I saw that the girl who had a double behind 4 months ago, now has just a smidge over one behind.  haha  I'm thrilled! 

For anyone reading this that is heavy and is getting into running here is a small tidbit of advice.  We don't have much money.  We definitely live paycheck to paycheck and the only way I can afford to have a cell phone and do crossfit is by donating plasma and cleaning houses.  There is zero money for extras.  Well for girls who have big breasts like I do, it's insane how expensive a nice sports bra is.  I looked at several and they were all right around $100 each!  My sister mentioned a co-worker of hers puts a cheapy sports bra over her regular bra and claimed it worked wonders.  I was quite skeptical, but also desperate for some better support.  I tried it a couple months ago, and I'm a total believer!  You can get a $10 sports bra from walmart and put it over your regular bra.  You'll be shocked at how well they work together.  The best part is, it's cheap and it's not anymore uncomfortable that just a regular sports bra is. 



No comments:

Post a Comment