Tuesday, July 30, 2013

SHITEE

Yesterday was a very long, very exhausting day.  I cleaned for several hours at my aunt's house.  I seriously dislike cleaning houses, but it helps pay for crossfit so I can't really complain.  As I was scrubbing the many toilets I just kept reminding myself that I was teaching my children a good lesson in working hard for what you want.  My son had a friend spend the night, so after cleaning I had to google something to make for dinner that was kid friendly and gluten free, since his friend has a severe gluten intolerance.  After dinner was made and cleaned up, we went and rented the kids a movie and took them out for ice cream.  I didn't get to bed until close to midnight.  I was up again at 6am because the kids were up and being noisy.  I did not want to put on my workout clothes and go to crossfit.  *yawn*

I did end up going after all.  I'm glad I did.  Our warm up was a 400 meter partner medicine ball run.  I'd throw the ball to my partner who'd run about 10-15 in front of me.  Once they caught the ball, I'd run 10-15 feet in front of them and they'd throw the ball to me.  Back and forth, for 400 meters.  It was actually kind of fun.  =)  Did I just say that?!?!

Our skill set was several rounds of various lunges, kettle bell exercises, and using the ab rollers. 

The WOD was a 12 minute AMRAP (as many rounds/reps as possible).

We did 5 pull ups, 10 shitees, and 20 double unders.  Over and over and over for 12 minutes.


Now I googled shittee's to see if I could find a good picture to demonstrate what they were and all I could find was was various info directly from my crossfit.  So I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that it's a move or a name that my crossfit made up.  I must admit, the name accurately describes how they make a person feel after doing them.  Pretty dang shitty(ee).  ;)

You stand up, bend over, and put your hands on the ground.  You jump back with your feet into a push up position.  Then you jump back up with your feet so they're on the outside of where your hands are on the ground, then you jump back again, then forward....over and over without standing up or resting.  It was not easy to jump back and forth with my big behind.  My arms were so tired trying to keep me up. 

I was able to barely complete 6 rounds.  Halfway through the AMRAP, Derek told me to do 30 single unders instead of the 60 single unders I was doing each round.  Normally if the WOD says to do double unders and you are not physically able to do them, then they triple that number for single unders.  So I did 60 for 3 rounds and my last 3 rounds I did just 30. 

One of the gals I see working out when I'm there, came up to me today and told me that I did awesome today.  She said I "killed the workout".  That meant so much to me!!!  I need to make more of an effort to tell others when I notice them doing awesome as well.  We all need to hear it and we're all there for the same reasons.....to better ourselves.  I'll be going again tomorrow and then again on Friday. 

Would it be too terrible of me to put a movie on for the kids and take a teeny nap?  I'm so so so tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment