Tuesday, July 23, 2013

measurements

I didn't sleep well again last night.  I moved my crossfit workout from 9:30am to noon so I could get some much needed sleep.  I don't like going at noon.   It's super hot and there is no air conditioning in the gym.  Anyhoo, I made it and I did something today I haven't been able to do before.  I was able to hang from the pull up bar.  I know for most people that sounds like a stupid thing to be excited about, but for me this is huge.  I could hang on for 8 or 9 seconds.  I was able to do some of the latt work on the bar.  Basically engaging your lateral muscles and bringing your body up a few inches while hanging on.  I was very happy to see my progress. 

This morning I took my measurements.  I think I mentioned my husband throwing our scale away so I have no idea what I weigh.....and that's ok with me.  I've lost 25 inches off my body since starting crossfit.  4 inchs off each thigh.  woohoo!  My clothes are fitting a bit looser with each passing week.  Nothing astronomical, but a definite difference. 

I feel really good today.  I realized I've been at crossfit now for 4 months.  I've stuck with it!  I haven't quit.  This is probably the longest I've ever stuck to anything.  I'm super happy about that!  I'm making good choices one day at a time.  I can't even wait to see where I'll be a year from now.  I'm slowly peeling away the layers of myself that I can't stand and with each layer I'm finding the person I've always wanted to be.  Someone strong mentally and physically and who pushes forward despite life's bumps in the road. 

No comments:

Post a Comment