Tuesday, July 23, 2013

measurements

I didn't sleep well again last night.  I moved my crossfit workout from 9:30am to noon so I could get some much needed sleep.  I don't like going at noon.   It's super hot and there is no air conditioning in the gym.  Anyhoo, I made it and I did something today I haven't been able to do before.  I was able to hang from the pull up bar.  I know for most people that sounds like a stupid thing to be excited about, but for me this is huge.  I could hang on for 8 or 9 seconds.  I was able to do some of the latt work on the bar.  Basically engaging your lateral muscles and bringing your body up a few inches while hanging on.  I was very happy to see my progress. 

This morning I took my measurements.  I think I mentioned my husband throwing our scale away so I have no idea what I weigh.....and that's ok with me.  I've lost 25 inches off my body since starting crossfit.  4 inchs off each thigh.  woohoo!  My clothes are fitting a bit looser with each passing week.  Nothing astronomical, but a definite difference. 

I feel really good today.  I realized I've been at crossfit now for 4 months.  I've stuck with it!  I haven't quit.  This is probably the longest I've ever stuck to anything.  I'm super happy about that!  I'm making good choices one day at a time.  I can't even wait to see where I'll be a year from now.  I'm slowly peeling away the layers of myself that I can't stand and with each layer I'm finding the person I've always wanted to be.  Someone strong mentally and physically and who pushes forward despite life's bumps in the road.