Friday, August 9, 2013

Went to the Dr. and the Dr. said....

I didn't get much sleep last night, and I woke up at 6:30 am and was wide awake.  I started making a list of all the things that needed to get done today and I soon found myself trying to find ways to get out of going to crossfit.  I told myself to shut up and I went to crossfit instead. 

Yesterday was one of my very favorite workouts.  Today was definitely one of the worst.  No, I didn't cry....I know you were thinking it.

The warm up was done in teams of two.  We had to do 20 meter bear crawls, 20 meter lunges, and 20 meter burpee long jumps.  We did all those things twice.  I was gasping for air by the end of the warm up.  I'd much rather of just ran 400 meters because that was brutal. 

The skill set was working on skull crushers, and hanging from the pull up bar in a "hollow" position and practicing font squat cleans.  I started getting slightly dizzy during the skill sets.  My body just didn't feel like it was cooling itself off very well.  I felt overheated and a little sick to the stomach. 

Our WOD was one I don't ever want to do again.  Haha....seriously. 

We did 90 seconds of burpees as fast as we could, then we had 90 seconds to catch our breath, then 60 seconds of front squat cleans as fast as we could and then we rested another 90 seconds.  Next was 30 seconds of push ups as fast as we could and again rested for 90 seconds.  We then did them all once more.  Derek then told us he had a surprise for each and every one of us since we did so well.  I'm always skeptical when it comes to "surprises".  He told us we had to no another 90 second burpee AMRAP.  Nooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  What a craptastic surprise!  I was dead to the world when it was all over. 

I'm SO SO SO happy that I get a two day weekend to rest and relax.  I have ZERO plans on running this weekend.  Three days of crossfit back to back was enough. 

On another note.........I had to take my son to the Dr. because his ear has been hurting for the past week.  Since it wasn't getting any better I figured it was time to take him in.  I haven't seen our Dr. for about 6 months.  Well the Dr. walked in the room and started asking some questions about my son and his ear when he looked up me.  He all of a sudden stood up and said, "Erica, you look amazing!  How much weight have you lost?".  I told him I wasn't sure since our scale was thrown away, but that I've lost over 30 some odd inches in the last 4 months since starting CrossFit.  He just went on and on about how I looked so radiant and healthy.  I was a bit taken aback.  I don't really feel a whole lot different but apparently I've changed a lot in the last 6 months since he last saw me.  It felt awesome to have someone gush....especially my Dr!  So anyway after he was done bathing me in compliments we got back to why we went there in the first place.  =)

I still have a mountain of things I need to get done today, but had to quickly blog about what happened at the Dr. 

I hope you all have a lovely weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment