Wednesday, August 28, 2013

deep squats

I can totally feel my strength coming back after being ill.  Yay!  It kinda freaked me out on Monday when my muscles literally wouldn't work.  Today's workout at crossfit was great.  It was hard, it's always hard, but I felt really good by the time it was over. 

We did ankle and hip mobility for our warm up.  Whew, very difficult for me to do some of those moves.  Although the cool part was I was actually able to do them, where as two months ago I couldn't.  Literally couldn't.  I can feel my squats are getting a lot deeper.  When I first started my deep squats were more like super shallow ones for everyone else.  My hip mobility was awful.  I'm slowly getting my hips in good working order and am getting stronger so my squats are getting closer and closer to what they should be. 

Our skill set was stepping off a box and landing in a deep squat and then jumping up and high as we could with one strong thrust.  We also did Turkish getups and kettle bell windmills. 

Our WOD was a 10 min. AMRAP.

10 kettle bell power cleans

5 ab rollers

15 wall balls

I actually just looked at our WOD online and realized we were supposed to be doing 15 wall balls and I was only doing 10 per round....OOOPS!  Apparently I wasn't with it when they explained the WOD. 

I finished 5 complete rounds (with my 10 wall balls vs. the 15 we were supposed to do). 


Today is a busy day.  I have 1st grade open house for my daughter and 6th grade open house for my son.  I have a house that needs to be cleaned and picked up.  The 6th grade open house is from 5:30-7:00pm.  So we either eat a super early dinner or a fairly late one.  Ugh!  I should get my crap together and put something in the crockpot so I don't have to scamper and scurry to get dinner out as soon as we get home. 

Tomorrow is another running day.  Woohoo, bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment