Friday, August 16, 2013

50 burpees.....third time around

Last night was awful.  I barely slept due to a horrible migraine.  I'm allowing the stresses of life get to me and it's dragging me under.  Significant stress always seems to manifest itself into migraines for me.  Ugh!!

I didn't go to crossfit.  I instead took some medication and stayed in bed until it was just a mild headache. 

After I felt better I decided to do what Derek told me to do a few months ago when I couldn't make it into the gym.  50 burpees.   I set my stopwatch and started.  I was able to complete 50 burpees in 6 minutes and 21 seconds.  Now this is the 3rd time I've timed myself doing 50 burpees. 

April 26th ~  I completed 50 burpees in 11 minutes 51 seconds.

May 29th ~ 9 minutes 31 seconds

August 16th ~ 6 minutes 21 seconds

What a huge difference!!  I've almost cut my first time in half.  Woot woot!!    I followed the burpees with 10 minutes of kettle bell exercises.  I'm bummed I couldn't make it in today, but I'm proud of myself for at least doing something. 

My goal for this weekend is just try to let go of the things in my life that I can't control.  My health is more important than stressing over every little thing. 

Have a happy and healthy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment